SP2013 JSLink issue

I began working with SP2013 about a month ago, and one of the new features included in this iteration of SharePoint is JSLink. I began researching and found some very helpful blogs and articles explaining how it works and providing examples for its use. I immediately dove in to try it in my own environment.

The first example i tried was from idubbs.com. This is a very basic example which replaces every word in a specific column with the word “Animal”. So i create a custom list, add a new column (taking advantage of the new quick edit feature), and give each item some unique values. Finally I drop the list view web part on a new page i made to test on. After setting up the JSLink to point to my JS file, i clicked save and waited for the magic to happen… Only when it loaded, nothing happened. All of the values in that column were unchanged!

So what happened? I scoured the internet to find anything that might give me a clue as to what happened. I found people having issues with the minimal download strategy, mismatches on the field name they were targeting and the internally stored field name, and certain column types that do not allow custom JSLink rendering.

That last one though… that kind of stuck out to me. The column i had created wasn’t made in the list settings but in the quick edit grid view. To be honest i had no idea how it was being created in the background. I created two more columns, one using an existing site column “Categories” and another created column called “Category”.

Final result is both traditionally created column worked perfectly, while the quick edit column is not recognized. What a headache.

(Views: 245)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.